Hawaii Veterinary Medical Association welcomes you to our website!
The Hawaii Veterinary Medical Association was formed in 1952. The association goals continue to provide purpose and meaning to current members of the association. Our ever-growing membership consists of veterinarians whose backgrounds are as varied as the areas from which they come.
Our mission is to assist veterinarians in improving and protecting animal well-being, public health and agriculture by:
- To promote professional improvement and excellence by providing the framework for the exchange of ideas and information in the field of veterinary medicine.
- To foster high ethical standards in the profession of veterinary medicine.
- To coordinate efforts in the performance of veterinary services to organizations and the community-at-large.
- To improve the methods of treating disease and injuries of all domestic animals.
- To elevate the standard of integrity, honor and courtesy in the veterinary profession.
- To promote the spirit of brotherhood among the members of the veterinary profession.
- To educate the public in the prevention of cruelty to animals.